Tony Goodwin is the Group CEO & Chairman of Antal International, a global management and executive recruitment company and one of the fastest growing business service organisations in emerging markets such as China, Eastern Europe and India. Antal now has more than 120 offices in over 30 countries around the world, and celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2013.
In 1993, spotting the potential of the new professional employment markets in the former Warsaw pact countries; he set up his own business and named the company Antal – Hungarian for ‘Anthony’. Since then Tony and his team have developed substantial businesses in some of the most challenging emerging markets across the globe, such as Russia, India and China, through a mix of wholly-owned operations, franchises and joint ventures.
Tony and his team have been responsible for two of the most high profile deals in the international recruitment sector in recent years – the sale of the majority stake in the company’s Russian operations in 2008 and in its Polish business in 2013. Most recently he joined forces with Career International to expand on the already highly successful Antal China business.
His impact on his chosen industry has been recognised through a series of major awards including winning at the Global Recruiter Industry Awards ‘Best Use of Social Media 2015’, London loves Excellence ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ 2014, Ernst & Young’s ‘Entrepreneur of the Year (Business Products and Services)’, Global Recruiter’s ‘Best Overseas Operation’, Recruiter magazine’s ‘Best International Recruitment Agency’ and APSCo’s ‘International Recruitment Company of the Year’.
A passionate believer in corporate social responsibility Tony is the founder and funder of the Antal Charitable Foundation, which works with charities around the world to improve the living and educational conditions of under-privileged children.
Despite being an enthusiastic, if exhausted, father of eight, Tony also occasionally manages to find time to make use of his long-standing season ticket at Chelsea FC.
Goodwin’s success speaks for itself.
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 at the London Loves Excellence Awards
- Best UK Overseas Operation at the Global Recruiter Awards 2013
- Best International Recruitment Agency at Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2012
- Company of the Year at the 2012 APSCo Awards for Excellence
- Best Overseas Operation at Asia Pacific Global Recruiter Industry Awards 2012
- Asia Pacific APSCo Member of the Year at Asia Pacific Global Recruiter Industry Awards 2012
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011
- Best International Recruitment Firm 2010
- 2008 HSBC Enterprise Award
- D&T: European Business Award
- Europe’s 500 – Top 50 ranking
- Deloitte Indy 100
- 4 years Fast Track 100